Mar 13, 2020
Black CAP’s Intake Program is the first step to accessing services at our agency. Our intake and assessment process includes a thorough collection of client information and relevant data such as contact information, next of kin, migration status, etc. Asking these questions allows us to assess your needs and provide you with the high quality, client-centred, empowering and confidential support.
As part of the intake process Black CAP support workers carry out and record the following four services:
- Orientation to the agency
- Determine eligibility for agency services
- Assessment of priorities for the client
- Set up the client’s file (this includes baseline data collection)
After the completion of an intake we connect clients to a range of programs and services within Black CAP including counselling supports, settlement, employment, education, housing and groups.
If you would like to access services at Black CAP here are the steps:
- Call us at 416-977-9955 or drop by our agency to schedule an intake appointment. At this time staff will ask for the following information your name, contact information and your area of need.
- We are typically able to schedule an intake appointment within a week of your call.
- Our intake process allows us to assess your needs, determine appropriate services, connect you to our agency’s programs, refer you to follow-up support, and provide referrals to other services.
- You will then be assigned to one of our counselor/support staff.
This program is funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada – AIDS Community Action Program
To schedule an intake please call Black CAP reception at 416-977-9955, ext. 0