Sep 24, 2020
As a volunteer driven and community service organization, we rely on the generosity and dedication of our volunteers to provide critical support to our programs and services. Our volunteers have demonstrated their support for the agency by offering continued hard work and determination. The work that you will be doing will help us achieve our mission and sustain our purpose.
At Black CAP, we believe that people value the opportunity to get involved and contribute meaningfully to their communities. When our volunteers become engaged, they are making a statement about their interest in eliminating HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s African, Caribbean and Black (ACB) communities.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF VOLUNTEERING?
- Gain a greater understanding of HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s ACB communities
- Apply your current skills and gain some new ones
- Feel the personal satisfaction of doing a work which positively impacts the lives of people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Become an educator to friends and family members on HIV/AIDS transmission/prevention, stigma and discrimination
- Gain a rewarding and meaningful volunteer and work experience
- Meet new people
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT BLACK CAP
We offer many ways to become involved, no matter your availability or knowledge level. Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Administration/ Reception - Perform reception and administrative task that include: filing, data entry, photocopying, welcoming clients, answering the phone, etc.
- Board and committee members
- Harm Reduction program
- Support and Settlement program
- Kazi Employment program
Volunteers are matched with specific programs at Black CAP depending on agency needs and their interests, skills, and experience. We welcome the contributions of volunteers and endeavor to make sure each has appropriate orientation, training, and support to do their assignments.
Corporte Volunteer Oppertunities
Are you a group of corporate volunteer program looking for a fun way to engage your team while making an impact? Help Black CAP build Personal Care Success Kits, Senirr's Kits, Summer Kits, Winter Kits and/ or Feminine Hygiene Empowerment Kits for people living with HIV/AIDS withing the Toronto's Black communities. https://kitsforacause.com/charities/black-coalition-for-aids-prevention-black-cap/
Become a Volunteer
Our range of volunteer opportunities offers you the chance to work with us in many different and rewarding ways. We know that your time is valuable and we very much appreciate the support that volunteers provide to the agency.
Here how you can become a volunteer:
- Please complete and submit the form below.
- Attend an information session or an in-person interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend and complete a 1 day volunteer core skills training workshop comprised of 5 sessions
- Volunteer placement into program area is based on volunteer interest, skills, experience, agency needs and available opportunities
Attend an interview in person with the selected program area coordinator and complete unit specific training
Phone: 416-977-9955, ext. 246
The Volunteer Program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care